History of Chamberlains 1903-2015
Frank Fewster Chamberlain (pictured left) opens his trading store
Frank Fewster Chamberlain opened his trading store in Riviera, a village north east of Pretoria. The store (pictured above) was located on a stream where ox-wagons trekking to the Lowveld and Mozambique would stop for watering and repairs. Uncle Frank’s shop supplied produce and second-hand building materials to dairy farmers in the Moot valley.
The earliest surviving document of the family business (pictured above)– a receipt for the 1st installment on the property in Rietfontein, now Riviera, bought by Frank Fewster Chamberlain in December 1903.